Sunday, September 8, 2013

A week of much learning!! :)

From last week:

Hey Everyone!!
Well this week has been one of learning and trials but was blessed afterwards. The week started out ok but I woke up Wednesday morning not feeling good at all. It felt like a sinus something and my throat was killing me and a cough. But I took some medicine and some vitamin C and prayed it would go away. As the day went on it got progressively worse. I tried to ignore it but was struggling. We rode our bikes to a less actives house that evening( which was very hard) to teach her daughter who was recently baptized, Arianna and then later we were going to take this less active, Kathy to a teaching appointment. I was sitting on the couch trying not to look like I didn't feel good but Kathy's mom who was in town from New York saw right through it. She got me some hot herbal tea for my throat. It felt amazing and was so yummy. It was perfect. I prayed that my throat would feel better after drinking it. But it didn't. I went about teaching and then Kathy said she was ready to go. So we got in her car to go to Magali's house to go teach her about the Plan of Salvation again. We had pictures that would help. We were excited. So we got there and Kathy was so perfect. She bore a strong powerful testimony and really brought the spirit so strongly. During the lesson I started to feel worse. I felt freezing cold and my skin and body just started to hurt like I had a fever, which I am pretty sure I did. My stomach started hurting and I was thinking just keep going just keep teaching keep smiling you can do it. Well the lesson finally ended with Magali saying the prayer that made her cry and the spirit was soooo strong. It was a fantastic lesson. We got into the car and drove back to Kathy's house. She asked me how I was feeling and I responded honestly, I feel worse then ever. Hermana Hafen then asked is there anyway that you could put our bikes in the back of your truck an take us home. (cause there was no way I'd be able to bike home, it was like 5 miles) She agreed and while her husband was putting our bikes in the truck I was getting waay nauseous and dizzy and I knew I needed to run to the bathroom. I frantically went to the bathroom which the kids were bathing in so I turned around and cute Hermana Enriquez, Kathy's mom, led me to a different one. She was with me the whole time rubbing my back and my head. She is the cutest. Kathy then took us home and I went straight to bed. I didn't sleep super well because of the fever so I slept like all day the next day. Obviously I got the flu and it was miserable. My poor companions stayed in until Hermana Hafen went out with a member teaching and Hermana Binks stayed with me. The following day my stomach was ok but My head and throat and cough and lungs were awful and I felt very weak. And this went on till Sunday. Poor Hermana Binks stayed in our tiny apartment from Thursday-Saturday and hermana Hafen went out with members until saturday and she stayed in with us all. I was feeling good enough to go to church Sunday but knew I needed a blessing. I was also very worried about going because I hadn't really done language study and was afraid I lost all my spanish I knew. but the Lord blessed me I understood more spanish that day than I have in a while if not ever. It was so amazing. I tried very hard that day to not look or sound sick I did everything in my power and tried to be positive and happy. I think it worked pretty well, of course the Lord helped me. After church I asked the Elders to give me a blessing. The one who gave it is new and doesn't know me at all. But he said everything I needed to hear. I knew for a fact it was God talking to me. He blessed me that I would have strength and would start feeling better. That Heavenly Father knows what I am going through and is there for me. And he blessed me with the confidence to speak spanish. He also let me know that my family is taken care of and they are in the Lord's hands and not to worry about them. It was super simple and sweet but so powerful and exactly what I needed to hear. We went on with our day and hopped on our bikes. I was very worried about my lungs and not being able to breathe very well. But I remembered the words of the blessing. And even though it was a very tough bike ride and my lungs did hurt those words are what kept me going and not thinking about what did hurt. We went to a lesson and it was amazing. We have a new investigator named Roxana and she is AMAZING! She is 21 and wants to learn. We introduced the Book of Mormon and read in 3 Nephi 11 when Christ comes to the Americas. She loved it. We have another meeting with her Wednesday and she said she wants to invite her boyfriend to hear as well. We are way excited. 
     I have such a testimony of the power of the priesthood. I am so grateful for that Elder who was worthy to give me a blessing. I know it was from God and that those words got me through that day. The Lord's hand is in every aspect of our lives. I am so grateful for him and what He does for me. Even little things like helping me stay positive. Or whatever it may be. I want you all to know whether it be big or small the Lord knows and blesses us. I feel sometimes we are so busy with our lives that we never stop and recognize His hand. But if we take a minute and realize what He did for us that day we will be amazed. It will help us go through life and be Happier. I have learned this this past week with having to stay inside for days and being sick. He is there even if we don't notice it. We must notice His hand and give thanks. He will never leave our side especially in our time of need. We must rely fully on Him. We cannot do anything with out the help of God. 
    I love you all so much and am so grateful for this wonderful gospel. I have never been happier in my life. This gospel is what makes us happy. I want you to know that I have a testimony of the Church. That I know without a single doubt that it is true. That we have a living prophet on the earth today who leads and guides this church. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and helps us understand what God wants us to do and helps us understand the Bible. I love this gospel and am so grateful for each one of you. I love you all!! Keep Smiling and Relying on God. :) Have an amazing week and try noticing His hand!! 

All My Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment