Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Transfers....the good and the bad

From April 21 (yesterday)
Hello Everyone!

So we had transfers on Tuesday..... Sister Halversen is in my old area
in Bradenton. Which I'm happy about but also super jealous about
because I love those people so much! I can't tell you how much I love
them and think of them as family. They are amazing! So I am happy for
her but she better take care of them, ha ha ;) Sister Brough and I are
actually still together but we are white washing an elders area. We
are in Apollo Beach. It is an English ward so that's really hard. It's
a giant ward. We cover 6 cities of Spanish work and 3 of those 6
cities we do English work in. They are definitely pros and cons and
mixed emotions. White washing is really hard for one. Two we are in an
English ward so there is only Spanish translation, so Spanish
abilities decrease. But the good parts there are tons of people that
we are teaching, the ward is on fire with missionary work and I am
still with Sister Brough. So there are definitively mixed emotions for
me here. But it's going to turn out great. I know I am supposed to be
here and where have already been people that we have met that we know
we were meant for. One being the Saunder family. They are this
adorable black family. There are 6 daughters and 2 sons. Most of the
girls are teenagers and a couple in there twenties. They are little
spit fires, I love it so much! They ask amazing questions and you can
just see they are so interested. It was so fun being in a full house
like that again. It made me feel like I was home. I have realized in
my mission that I end up teaching a lot of youth. They are definitely
so open and are always looking for truth. There is another teenager we
met, her name is Courtney and she said in the 5 minutes we talked with
her she wants to be a member of our church. Apparently her grandfather
is a member and he has been a really good example for her and her
sister. It's super cool. She is awesome!! We have another
investigator, Nick. He is super cool. He has such a desire to follow
Christ and change his life, so this week we are trying to help him
quit smoking, because he wants to be baptized and he wants to quit so
our goal is to really help him with that in the coming weeks. He is
praying about a baptismal date as well. So this area has a crazy
amount if potential we just have it get it rolling.
    Easter was a beautiful day yesterday. It's always so great to
celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Because of Him anything is possible! We went over to a members house
with some other members and less actives for an Easter feast. It was
great! And they were so sweet and bought me a chocolate cake for my
birthday yesterday and signed a card for me and I literally had just
met these people when we walked in there house to eat with them. It
was so sweet and really made my day that they would do that for
someone they didn't know.
    I know that Christ lives and he our older brother. If we rely on
Him we can get through anything. I love this gospel and I love being a
missionary, good times and hard times. I know this is the true church
of God on the earth today. I love you all so much and thank you so
much for all the love and support.

My new address is 12305 Foxmoor Peak Dr. Riverview, FL 33579

Have an amazing week full of love and happiness!!! Rely on God!

All My Love, Hermana Daines

1 comment:

  1. Love you! I miss your beautiful face but Im so happy for what you are doing and learning!

    ReplyDelete