Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fulfilled Purpose!!

From April 14.
Hello Family, Friends, and others!

This week was quite the week. It was a very long week but really great as well. On Wednesday we had a lesson with Pedro. And it was a really bold, spiritual lesson!! I was just really straight forward and blunt with him, and asked him to pray about a baptismal date. It was incredible! Well after it, I felt as I did in Sarasota when my work was complete. I felt after that lesson that my work was done here. But it didn't make sense to me because I had just gotten here. So I pushed it to the back of my mind. Well the days after that I felt as though I was in school and all we were doing was "busy work", you all know how that feels. Thats how I felt. One of the days we even had 6 lessons in one day and I didn't feel fulfilled, it just felt like a normal day. Well transfer calls day was Saturday and I started freaking out a little bit that whole day. I didn't know what was happening but at the same time I knew I was leaving even though I had only been here six weeks. Well calls came that night and its a conference calls, so all the sisters in the whole mission are on the call. So they AP's start going through people and I am just freaking out completely by this time. He gets to us and he says my name and I know I am going, I can just feel it and he says, "Sister Daines you are being transferred and Sister Brough you will be transferred as well." In that moment my heart sunk. I knew I was going but I never knew both of us were going to leave. I thought one of us would stay especially since we have had 2 baptisms in the last 3 weeks. It was heartbreaking to realize neither of us would be here with our converts. We were super super sad, but I was more mad then sad. I was so angry! I know this area has been super hard but these 2 converts are what made it amazing. We had to say goodbye to members yesterday and though I was only here six weeks I grew so close to some of them they felt like family. Our investigator Manuel got baptized yesterday and it was probably the best way I could ever end this transfer. It was BEAUTIFUL!! We had a lesson with him later that evening and it broke my heart. This big guy who acts tough bawled when we had our last lesson with him. He told us we have changed his life so much and he's a way better man because we took the time and had the patience to help him. It literally broke my heart. But also I know that my work is finished and being here only six weeks made me realize why God sent me here. It was for Manuel and Ulises. They are the reason I was sent here. I have been trying to figure out why I would get sent to such a hard area and now with me leaving after they just got baptized I know without a doubt I was sent here for them. It is so incredible how God knows. God has a bigger vision then us and though sometimes its hard and we can't see why we are going through something, later the bigger picture comes and you know why you went through that or in my case why God sent me here. I know that I am needed somewhere else and God has people there for me to meet. I know God loves us and knows us perfectly and knows exactly what we need. Sometimes we just have to be patient in our trials and the bigger picture will come later. But sometimes we have to remember that the bigger picture may not come in this life but in the next. I know God lives and loves each of you! I am so grateful to be a missionary in this time and I am so grateful to have a beautiful wonderful family that loves me and supports me!! Thank you all for everything you do for me and my family!! You are all amazing!!! I hope you have the best week ever!!!! Know God loves you!!! 

All My Love, Hermana Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment