Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 5 Complete!!!

Hey everyone!!! 

WOW!!! What a week it has been!! I don't even know where to begin!! Its definitely been a very trying week. But full of learning. 

      We had our first 24 hour exchange and it was a very huge learning experience. I realized I was very grateful for the companions that I have. It was very hard to get along with the sister that was here. But I learned how to be more bold and assertive with my investigators and that was really good for me to see and hear. I truely am grateful for this learning experience as hard as it was I learned a lot from it and things that I can apply to be a better missionary. 
      A lot of stuff happened..... my trainer got transferred for private reasons but Hermana Hafen and I are now training each other and its the hardest thing I have ever done. I feel so at loss at what I am supposed to do but I just gotta trust in the Lord and know He will guide me in all I do and say. And actually the sister who came for the 24 hour exchange is actually going to come and stay here for a week to help us and then after that we are on our own. I am really grateful that she is coming even though we didn't get along too much. I need help and she is going to be here to help me. It will be hard but you can't grow without a test and trial. I know it will be ok as long as I trust in the Lord 100%. The Lord did this for a reason and we will turn into great missionaries because of it. So it should definitely be an interesting week. Wish me luck!!! :) 

       Well we had an amazing experience with a family that is investigating the church. On of the daughters of this grandmother we have been seeing has wanted absolutely nothing to do with us but we have been teaching her 2 daughters and they are so sensitive to the spirit and want to learn more all the time. My companion Hermana Hafen and I were there saturday teaching Mary the Grandmother of the 2 daughters and we were teaching the girls as well. When Rosa the 2 girls mom walked into the trailer and was very mad that we were teaching her daughters. Hermana Hafen and I were completely honest with her stated our purpose what our message was and just bore testimony with conviction. It was absolutely incredible!!! I felt so much comfort and peace. And she immediately calmed down. It was truely incredible!!! Also yesterday we were teaching this less active member and he likes to make excuses why he doesn't come to church and it was bugging me really bad. He was saying that it was because of his health and he doesn't want to get sick when he goes to church because his immune system is so low. Well I felt prompted to promise him that if he would attend church that his health would improve and the Lord would bless him. The excuses immediately stopped and he didn't know what to say. After a little while he said he would try. But I totally have a testimony of baring testimony with conviction and promise blessings afterwards. It was such an amazing experience for me. Miracles happen!!! 

Well everyone I hope you all have an amazing week!! Remember that nothing is impossible with the Lord's help. Luke 1:37. Trust in Him!! He will always be there!! I love you all and am so grateful for every one of you and your love and support. You are all so amazing and I have so much love for all of you. Smile and Remember we are sons and daughters of a Celestial being and He is our Father. I love you!!

All My Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment