Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WEEK 6!!!!


WOW!!!! What a week I don't even know where to begin..... well lets start with when Hermana Carson got here to train us correctly because Hermana Hafen and I weren't properly trained so she came and I was really nervous but she is incredible!! I love her so much and am so grateful for her and all she is doing for us. She came from Wachula area and she has 2 sisters there that are still being trained so technically she is training 4 of us. Ha ha Its been a crazy crazy week. We are working on gaining respect and re-setting expectations with the members so that they can help us more, come teaching with us, and give us referrals. Its really hard because there has been such a bad reputation in the ward with the sisters. And we have to totally fix that now. Its going great though Hermana Carson is an incredible missionary, this is her last transfer. We met with our branch president and told him our plan and he gave us advice upon advice and is totally willing to help us and is so excited. He is so amazing!!! The people in the ward are truely incredible people and we have so many willing to help and work with us already. We have worked really hard on finding new investigators because we only had/have one progressing investigator. So we went and we searched searched searched and found 7 new investigators this week. It was such a blessing. We are praying that we can get them progressing. This week we were also on bikes a ton because we only have a certain amount of miles each month and we had like almost none left.. and its a lot easier to find people when you are on a bike. This week I have also gained a huge testimony of following your promptings. There have been a few days this week where all three of us have gotten a prompting on where to go and who to talk to one after another. This work is truely incredible!!!! I know that this area is just going to catch fire and its going to be the best I cannot wait!!! All three of us sisters get along so great and its so much fun to be companions with them. Hermana Carson is just so patient with my awful spanish and really Hermana Hafen and I are behind because we were not trained correctly so its been a crazy week. Non-stop go go go!!! And we didn't have that with our other trainer, we would be trying to teach ourselves spanish while she napped....so it was crazy hard to learn spanish by ourselves. So I love Hermana Carson so much, she talks in spanish constantly so that we will be able to get it down quicker and she has us do that as well. It is way hard but I know it will help us in the long run. So yesterday we met with our investigator Juan. He has had a baptism date for June 24th is birthday. But this past week he has been really struggling, he is having lots of doubts and doesn't know if its true anymore and Satan is just pounding him since his baptism is getting closer. So please pray for him, he needs all the help he can get. He is so faithful and he had read the Book of Mormon all the way through before he met the missionaries so he is so ready. He just needs some prayers right now. I have felt like a real missionary this week. I can't even describe how tired I am.... its the best feeling in the whole world!! Ohhhh..... story time.... so just the other night we were on bikes on our way home and Hermana Carson's bike that she is borrowing from one of the Elders breaks and the chain comes off and when we put it on she starts going again and it just keeps coming off... Well I was thinking well everything happens for a reason maybe there is someone that we need to meet that we wouldn't meet any other way. So we are walking our bikes and we see this guy who is stopped at a gas station working on his car so Hermana Carson goes over to him to talk to him. His name is Jose and we talk to him for a little bit and gave him a Book of Mormon and card to contact us. And we never would have been able to give him that opportunity if we would have been riding our bikes. It was sooo cool!! We have had little miracles like that all week long and it is just the best! But the funny part about that story is after we got done talking with him we walk off with our bikes and we are like man we have to get home in 15 min and we can't ride our bikes cause hermana carson's is broken..... so we want to be home on time so we switch off running with the broken bike while the other two ride. It was the funniest sight I've ever seen. I'll be sending a pic of Hermana Carson running with her bike. It was just really funny!! And we were still so happy!! We got home right at 9:30 which is what time you are supposed to be home when you are in a lesson and we would have been home at 9:00 if the bike wouldn't have broke. But thats totally ok because we met Jose by doing that. It was the best!! Biking has been so much fun as hard as it is sometimes. One day we had a dinner appt which we thought was in our area so we were searching for this house for an hour and a half on our bikes and it was like 95 degrees that day and super hot and we were hungry and we were looking and looking and called the lady and she just kept telling us, in spanish and only spanish, what her address was.  We went up and down a million different streets and couldn't find it. We finally went back to our apt. complex where they had computers and searched her address and it wasn't even in our area it was waaay farther that she was telling us. It was really funny, that whole day we probably rode 20 miles or so on our bikes. It was funny, and crazy!!! ha ha great exercise though!! I feel so accomplished at the end of the day when I put my bike away and say I did it. Its so wonderful!!!! But yea so this week we are super excited to find more people that is all we are going to be doing tonight and we want to find 5 more investigators before wednesday and we are confident that the Lord will help us with that goal. Also we are going to be teaching a free english class to get more people hearing about our church it is going to be so much fun. And so we are also tomorrow going to be advertising that everywhere with flyers. It'll be AWESOME!!!! OH MY GOSH I JUST FOUND OUT MY SISTER IS ENGAGED!!!!! ITS CRAZY!!! I am so happy for you, Sheristan, you are the best!! And good thing I already approve of the guy cause I'm not really there to find out! Love ya Steven!!! ha ha :) Send me pics of the purposal pretty please I have got to see it!!! Today we are having a party thing because it is transfers and we have a lot of Elders leaving us and new sisters coming in. It should be awesome! Well this mission is incredible, I love this work so much!!! I love this gospel and I know without a doubt that this is the true church on the earth today!!! I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. And that he was called of God to be a prophet on the earth. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today!! I love the Lord, I love the Scriptures, and I love all of you and your support and love!! Thank you so much for everthing!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! Have an amazing week and don't forget to smile and I challenge those of you who are LDS to share your testimony with someone this week!!! It will change their life, you will be planting a seed and it will grow!!! Have a great week!!!!

All my Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment