Monday, June 17, 2013

Hola todas las personas!!

Hola!! 

It's been another great week in Florida. I'm learning tons and tons from Hermana Carson and I love her so much and am so grateful for her and her patience. She is an incredible missionary and I can't believe she goes home in just 3 weeks. CRAZY!! 

This week has definitely been a one of learning. Spanish is super hard and its a little frustrating. The Lord has really tested my faith and trust in Him. I've learned more about faith this week then any other time in my life. I've never had to rely more on him ever. It is scary not knowing how to communicate with someone you already love so much. You just have to trust that the Lord is making up for whatever you don't know or don't say right. Its been challenging and I am still working on trusting in the Lord more. I know he will help me as long as I put forth the courage and open my mouth. We have been promised in doctrine and covenants that if we do open our mouths that they will be filled. I've seen it happen time and time again whether from myself or in my companion, Hna Hafen. This work is incredible and we should always trust in the Lord. No matter what we are going through in our lives the Lord is in every aspect of our lives. We just have to put forth our effort and He will make up the difference. He is there to comfort us when we are struggling and to lift us up when we are sad, and to always be there for us. I know this to be true with all of my heart. One day in particular this week I was really struggling we were in a lesson with our most progressing investigators, Cynthia and Luis, and they are great I love them. I was struggling more this day then probably any other day. I felt distant from my companions and I just had negative thought after negative thought about everything and everyone. My back has also been causing me problems and has been hurting a lot so I just was not happy and of course satan was feeding off of that. He was hitting our companionship so bad and each of us individually. I was praying the whole time for the Lord to help me and our companionship. We went in there and taught them the Doctrine of Christ lesson 3 and asked them to be baptized on a June 30 and to prepare for that day. They agreed and we gave them an amazing calender for them with what lessons we will be teaching them and everything. We got out of the lesson and for some reason I was still not super happy and I walked outside and I saw a rainbow a full rainbow and realized that I had been being pounded by satan because he did not want this cute couple to get baptized. I saw the rainbow and remembered a story I read from my sister on a day she was having a hard day as well. It made me feel so much better and I knew that the lesson was incredible and each of us felt the spirit strongly. I felt the presence of God and him smiling down on us. Happiness came immediately and our companionship was stronger because of it. I could not stop smiling the rest of the night and it truely was a miracle from God. We relied on the spirit and I trusted that God would make up for anything that I couldn't do and He did. It was an amazing experience for me. (I will send the pics of the rainbow next week because I forgot my camera in the apt. sorry) But it was BEAUTIFUL!!! 

I am so grateful to be out here and I am growing and learning so much. I love being a missionary and I know that it is blessing my family. I can see it. Thank you to all those who are supporting me and praying for me. I pray for each of you everyday and hope everything is well especially since that fire in Black Forest is happening. I pray for those who have lost their homes and just remember that God is in every aspect of your lives.  Rely on Him and He will help you, I can promise you that. I love you all. Hermana Carson told me this quote and I felt like I should share it. I love it so much!!  "Loving others is at the heart of our capacity to obey God."  Keep Smiling and Relying on Him and Love others as much as you can. I love you!!!!

Hermana Daines

P.S. Here is another uplifting quote my dad sent me. "I regret ofttimes, in the times of distress and trouble that come to those whom we admire and love that we are not able to lift from their shoulders the sorrow into which they are plunged.... But we realize that our Father in Heaven can bind up broken hearts and that He can dispel sorrow and that He can point forward with joy and satisfaction to those blessings that are to come through obedience to the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ...." Heber J. Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment