Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hola todos, TRASFERS!!!

Hey everyone!!!! 

WOW!!!! What a week it has been. Where do I even begin. This week has really been about growth for me. I mean every week is but this past week especially. Its been a huge test of faith and just total stretching. 

First off we got to meet our new mission president, President Cusick. He is AMAZING!!!! This mission is changing and its soo soo great. He is blunt and is all business but loves us and he is just great. We will be getting mini ipads sometime in the near future to really get missionary work going in every part of the world. It is so awesome. We are all so excited. President Cusick is really focusing on exact obedience for the whole mission and it is exactly what it needs. We are so lucky and privileged to have President Cusick here. INCREDIBLE!!!! 

Next, I had a week this week where I was tried and tried and it was very hard. I felt like I couldn't do anything right and Satan was really really pounding me. With absolutely everything, spanish, my companions, our numbers were awful, teaching just absolutely everything possible. I was so down in the dumps and I was trying so hard not to be. One of these days I was the lowest of lows and finally during dinner one day we started talking as a companionship. We talked and talked trying to find the source of the problem. Finally after a long long time we determined it. I realized with the help of my companions that I was not focused on the people, that the reason I have been struggling so much is because I have been so worried about spanish and what I am going to say that when I say things it doesn't even sound genuine and I didn't like that. So we made goals this week to really focus on the people and do anything we can to serve them and help them. And by doing that we knew that my spanish would come because I was caring about others and the spirit would be there to help me because I was trusting in the Lord and caring about his children. It was a huge relief for me. After that I had this new drive and energy I have never had my whole mission. The next day, Sunday, was the best day I have ever had in the mission. I understood more spanish and spoke better spanish then I ever have. I was so focused on the people that it just came naturally. It was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. And I am so grateful for it and the great chance we have to use the atonement and become better every day. I know that if we turn outward and help others that we will be blessed and that the spirit will guide us. This was a turning point in my mission. I have never felt so happy and so just ready to go out there and to just do whatever the Lord asks of me!!! I am so excited about this work and ahhh it was just amazing. 

That same day the Elders had a baptism and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was two grandaughters of a member. One is young women age and the other is maybe 23 maybe with a baby girl. And it was amazing. They really look up to us missionaries and I just feel their love for us. I love them so much and am so proud of the decision that they have made. 

Afterwards we hopped on our bikes to go find some new investigators. We went to this trailer that was a potential. We had given her a Book of mormon previously and so we were checking up on her. We got there and she completely rejected us. She said that the bible was sufficient and didn't want to read the Book of Mormon at all. She even gave the Book back to us. I seriously wanted to cry. I was so close. But My comp Hermana Carson felt prompted to ask her for a referral, if she knew anyone that we could teach. And she gave us a trailer number. So we left and we were really discouraged but we decided to go see whoever was in the trailer we just received. So we bike over there and we actually passed it and decided to pray if that is where we were supposed to be. We prayed and felt like we should go there. So we pull up and there are these two teenaged boys there. Andreas and Jesus. We start talking to them and then another boy pulls up on his bike and starts talking with us. His name is Jose and is 15. And we got talking and Jose was asking some incredible questions. He was so excited to read the Book of Mormon and his face just lit up when we told him where it came from. We felt right then that he was a star investigator and that Jose was going to be baptized. We all felt it. He has an incredible light and it was exactly what I needed because we haven't had that many progressing investigators and its been really sad but we fasted that day to find our elect people and Jose is one of our elect. I am so excited to teach him and help him come closer to his Savior Jesus Christ. YAY!!!!!!!!

Another thing Hermana Carson is going back home to Idaho tomorrow. It doesn't even seem real. Today just feels like a normal day. Its freaking me out. But she is great and I love her so much and am so grateful for her amazing example for me. She is incredible!! We will be best friends forever!! 

Also some crazy awesome insane news about transfers........ is that Hermana Hafen and I are staying together another transfer and WE ARE GOING TO TRAIN!!!! WE GET OUT CUTE LITTLE GREENIE TOMORROW!!!! AHHHHHHH SOOOOOOO CRAZY!!!! No wonder satan was pounding me so many awesome things were about to happen. I am so excited and I just cannot wait. I know it will be hard but I am grateful for the opportunity. It will help me learn and grow even more. 

I love this gospel and am so grateful to be a missionary. It is such a privilege. I know its true with all of my heart and soul. I have absolutely zero doubts about it. And if you don't know if its true I seriously encourage you to ask God if its true. The good thing about this life is that we don't have to take anyones word for it, we can find out for ourselves by asking God. I know without a doubt He will answer you and through the Spirit He will comfirm to you that this is the true church of God. I know it and I love this gospel so much. I wouldnt be here without it. I love you all so much and am so grateful for every one of you!! Keep pressing forward and always trust in God, He knows whats best for us!!! I love you all!!!

All My Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment