Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week 1 in a duo...complete!!!!



This is from Monday!!!

WOW!!!! What a week!!!! Hermana Hafen left Tuesday to we didn't know where. We now know she went to Fort Myers. It was sad to see her go but we know it was what the Lord wanted. I thought it was going to be so hard but it hasn't been bad. I know its because the Lord is supporting me and I know that because I am relying on him everything is working out. 

This week has been fantastic!! The best day the whole week was definitely Thursday. We had the best lesson ever with David. One of our students from english class. He is soooo golden!!! We were going to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then he asked Hermano Partida, the member that was there, a question that he has had but didn't want to ask. He asked what committments come with getting baptized. And Hermano Partida explained it perfectly and it was amazing. He shared some really spiritual experiences and the spirit was soooo thick in that room. Its just kinda funny because we were just about to talk to him about the committments in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Then I we asked him if he would pray to know what date he will be ready to be baptized and he said yes I will but will God really answer my prayers? And we just said absolutely. And he said How will he answer. And we explained that it is different with every person. Sometimes you just get this really peaceful feeling, some have a warm feeling in their heart, some have a thought or a feeling. And he said ok I will pray for a date to be baptized. And we told him that we would pray as well. We are sooooo excited about him. We see him tomorrow and hopefully we can have a date set for his baptism.

An incredible miracle that we have seen this week is the Lord really puts the words in our mouths that need to be said. I was very worried about my spanish this week but the Lord blessed us soooo much!! Yesterday I was called to give a talk in sacrament meeting it was the scariest thing I have ever done and I felt so embarrassed the whole time but everyone just told me it was amazing and my spanish is really improving. It was so comforting to hear. The lord is just blessing us in every aspect of this work. It is truely incredible to see. 

I love being a missionary. It is the most rewarding thing anyone could ever do. I love being able to teach and not only that I am learning as I am teaching. It is sooo awesome!! I love this work and am so grateful to be out here!! Thank you for all you do and all your support and prayers!!! 

Have a week full of miracles and blessings!!! And remember with God anything is possible!!! :)

All my Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment