Sunday, November 3, 2013

Transfer Calls!!!

From Monday!

Hello Everyone!! 

This week has been soooo crazy!!!! I don't even know what to say. So Herman Binks got sick at the beginning of the week and then Thursday I started getting sick. So its been a struggle this week especially since we have been on bikes. But its been good. We had a lesson on Wednesday with Magali and it was great!!! We love her so much. We taught the talk by Elder Oaks No other Gods from conference. Magali has grown up Catholic and the whole saints thing. She loves The Virgin Guadelupe. Thats what she has grown up with so we decided to teach more about not worshiping anything but God. It was really good lesson. She then told us that the reason she has not decided to be baptized and says in time in time is because she isn't ready to give up Guadalupe. So we talked about how we need to sacrifice things so that we can better obey the commandments so we can receive the blessings from that. We read Mosiah 2:24 about how if we keep a commandment he will immediately bless us and D&C 82:10 how the Lord is bound when we do what he says. He will keep his promise and will bless us. And that helped. But she is still saying with time I will be able to give her up because she has been so part of my life that it is difficult. Well we hope that she gives it up soon and that our lesson made a difference. We love her so much and we want so badly for her to receive all the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for her. 

So this past friday we get a call from the AP's and they tell us that we need to pack up our apartment because the apartment is being shut down. But they can't tell us anymore then that and we will know more when we get our transfer calls the next day. We were so shocked. But of course we did what they asked and started packing up the apartment. The next day we get our transfer call and sooooo many changes are happening in this zone its insane. Hna Binks and I both are getting transferred out of Bradenton. The Elders are becoming whats called a zebra which is over the spanish branch and the english ward. They will be teaching both. We also had stake conference yesterday and they actually formed another spanish branch in Sarasota which is where at least half of our members live. So thats crazy!! I am really sad to be transferred. I have been here all 7 months of my mission. This is my home and its really hard to pack up and leave it. I love the members here so much and it was sad saying bye to them but the reason they took us out of the branch is because they couldn't have 6 missionaries in a branch that was splitting and they weren't using all 6 of us anyway. Its super sad but I know that the Lord has a plan for me somewhere else. I will find out tomorrow where I will be so if you were planning to send me any mail pause it until next monday when I tell you where I am at. It feels like I am leaving home again starting a whole new mission. There are so many mixed emotions its crazy! But I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve here for 7 months. I feel I have made a difference and planted tons and tons of seeds here for another missionary to pick the fruit from. I am grateful that I had the chance to have this last transfer with the best companion in the world and my eternal friend Hermana Binks. I love her more then she knows. She has helped me so much and I am so grateful for that. I know I have done my very best here in Bradenton and now its time to go make a difference somewhere else. Where the Lord needs me. I am grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow and though right now I have no idea where I am going or who my companion will be I know that if I trust in the Lord everything will be ok. 

Well I love you all so much and am grateful for all of your support, love, and prayers. Remember to always trust in the Lord and obey his commandments even when we don't understand the why of things. Keep pressing forward and having faith in Christ. I love you all so much!! Have an amazing week!! :) 

All My Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment