Thursday, January 2, 2014

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!

From Dec 23.

WOW!! This week has been an amazing week! The members are doing amazing and they are fulfilling their purpose as member missionaries. We received 15 referrals this week and 12 of them were from the members. This branch is just absolutely on fire!! Its incredible to see a branch so united in the same work! The Work Of the Lord. Hopefully this week we can see all these referrals and teach them more about Our Savior Jesus Christ. What a beautiful opportunity each one of us have to share the gospel and the light and knowledge that we have. We also were able to have a mission Christmas party here at the beach and it was incredible and beautiful!! The sunset was amazing!!! I have pics attached!! :) I was able to see passed comps like Hermana Hafen and Hermana Lewis. Super FUN!!! 

 I can't even believe its Christmas! What an amazing beautiful time of the year!! Yesterday I was able to give a talk on Christmas. It was of course nerve racking because its in spanish but it was really great. My companion and I both had talks. Its so beautiful to read the Christmas story. In my talk I read Luke 2:4-16. Its so incredible to me that Christ was born in such humble circumstances. Although he was a King he wasn't born in a grand palace he was born in a stable. From the beginning he was put into humbling circumstances. In verse 16 it talks about how the Shepherds went "with great haste" and I compared that to missionary work. We must go as the shepherds went with great haste in sharing this beautiful message that we have a SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. In 3 Nephi 1:13&21 it talks about the star appearing and leading the shepherds to the Savior. And just as that star was the guide for the Shepherds, Jesus Christ is our "star" today. He is our light, He is our way. We must follow Him. And we must share this message to everyone: That we have a SAVIOR, He loves us and wants to help us. We must show our friends and family that He is the Way and the only Way. I am so grateful for this knowledge that we DO have a Savior. How comforting that is to me and to everyone. I am so grateful for the light that He is. How truely incredible it is, that we know the way, now our job is to lead those who don't know the way, TO CHRIST. I love this gospel and this time of year is the perfect time of year to share the gospel and the knowledge of our Redeemer. I love being a missionary and being able to see when that light enters into the eyes of people that didn't know of the light before. I know without a doubt that Christ lives and that He loves everyone of us. He knows exactly what we go through everyday of our lives. He is our loving brother and closest friend. Depend on him! 

I love you all so much and I hope you all have an amazing week!!! Merry Christmas to you all and may God bless you this Christmas season!! Remember the true meaning of it!! :) I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment