Thursday, January 2, 2014

Week one of the new area!!

From Dec 16.

Hey everyone!! Wow I can't even believe what time of the year it is. I always pictured it being christmas time here in florida especially since it would be my halfway mark but it really doesn't feel like I have been out that long. Sometimes I feel like this is all just a dream like none of this is really happening. Its so weird. But its super fun!! There is zero snow here of course its still like 65-70 degrees outside which actually feels really really cold right now. This last week has really cooled down and I am actually cold. I never thought I would say that I was cold in florida, ha ha. 

So this week was a little bit rough but it definitely turned around the end of the week. One thing about my mission is I have worked really hard but I have never really been able to see the fruits from my labors. I finally got 15 students at english class in bradenton and then I had to leave. So its was really hard for me to leave bradenton especially since I had been there my whole mission. I love that place so much and I hope and pray I made a difference on the branch and in that area because I worked really hard. Anyway so this last week we moved down to Sarasota and the good part is my companion is still Hermana Halversen. I love her soooo much. I wouldn't have made it through this last week without her. Coming into Sarasota was pretty much opening an new area and let me just say its hard, ha ha. We started with advertising for our free english class. We literally walked and biked for hours a day hanging up flyers and trying to pass out cards. It was super exhausting physically and really discouraging because we weren't teaching and hadn't been able to find anyone. We had a break down saturday. More me then my companion because Ive never really had the "success" or the opportunity to pick the fruits. So the next day I was feeling a little bit better and we went into Sacrament meeting and it was soooo powerful. President Gazziro, the branch president, got up and bore his testimony about missionary work and he said that if he has to he will make a name badge for everyone of them that says "member missionary" and when people ask what it is they can tell them who they are that they are member missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, so they will be obligated to do missionary work. He said he doesn't want to have to do it but that he will if they don't start doing the missionary work and "Hastening His Work". It was the most powerful testimony!!! :) We were so excited. And then we had a meeting with our ward mission leader and he is so ready as well. He said he is going to put on an activity where he gets some members and they go knocking on doors trying to find people for us to teach. He is so fired up!! Then we had a ward council meeting after and every person in that ward council is sooooo excited and fired up about missionary work. My companion and I have never seen a branch so united, centered, and fired up about missionary work, EVER!!! It is the best thing in the whole world and it made me realize that I got sent here for a reason and though last week was hard and we didn't teach much we are meant to be here and this branch is meant for us. We are going to make an impact on this area and this area is going to explode. It is so comforting to know and see that the Lord's hand is in every aspect of our lives, that He knows what is best for us when we don't really see it ourselves. I love this work and I love being a servant of the Lord. I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that He lives. That President Monson is the prophet in these last days and he leads and guides this church. I love teaching the gospel and sharing this happiness we have with everyone we come in contact with. I encourage everyone of you to be those member missionaries that God wants you to be and has called you to be. Your friends and family need you. I love you all so much and am so grateful for this incredible gospel and the peace and comforting knowledge that Families are Forever!! I hope you all have an incredible week and may you rely solely on God and trust in His plan and His timing!!  I love you!!

All My Love, Hermana Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment