Tuesday, April 22, 2014

God Is there!! :)

From April 7
Hello Everyone!!!

Well This week I don't really know what happened..... Sometimes your week just blends together and you don't really know what happened at the end of the week. Everyday is starting to blend and mush into one GIANT day. Its crazy!!! 

We did do a service activity this past week with a Methodist church. It was so much fun. We made 10,400 meals for people in other countries who didn't have anything. It was really humbling to be there and to see how many people are so willing to lend a hand and help people in need. There were so many people that came to volunteer that they didn't have enough jobs for everyone there. They had to create jobs for us. Sister Brough and I had the job of counting the boxes and ringing to Gong everytime we made a 1,000. Our job was to motivate and keep the people going. It was so much fun and really built my testimony of service and what we can do to make a difference in the world. Of the people that volunteered there were 14 members of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was so beautiful to see. We had a blast! :) 

Manuel is doing amazing! He came to conference yesterday and he really liked it. He is really changing and you can just see and feel it in him. And with him you can see when we have lessons or in church the spirit work in him. He told us the other day after I had asked what difference has the gospel had on his life so far, he told us that he is way more emotional. He said I am a man but I have been so emotional. It was really awesome. He then told us that he knows its because of the spirit. But I did give him some comforting words and let him know that my dad is 6' 2" big man and he is the biggest crier I have ever seen, but I told him that my dad was the most amazing person I have ever met and so close to the spirit. So it is ok to cry even when you are a man. ( Hope you don't mind dad that I said that to him. ;) ) Anyway he is getting baptized this coming Sunday and we are so excited for him. He is so ready for this!! :) 

One thing I do know and loved that happened this week was General Conference. It was incredible!!! It was such a testimony builder for me. Going into General Conference I went in with 5 questions hoping and praying would be answered. The very first talk was Elder Holland and one of my questions was answered within that first talk. And every question I had was answered within General Conference. Not necessarily with the answers I expected but were answered in the way God wanted me to hear them. It was absolutely incredible. It helped me reailze that God is aware of us all. He knows us perfectly and knows exactly what we need when we need it. Sometimes we may feel as if God is not there or that He is never going to answer us, or that he doesn't care about little old me. Well I am here to tell you that is false! God loves us and wants so much for us to be happy. He doesn't want us to be sad or think He doesn't love us. But we must do our part, we must ask Him for help and pray and have the faith that answers will come in His time and in His way. He loves each of you and is aware of the struggles you go through on a daily basis. He knows how it feels to be sad, frustrated, not appreciated, or to feel unloved. He knows us PERFECTLY!! We must turn to Him when we are struggling and rely on Him and trust Him enough to know that everything will work out, that He WILL strengthen us and He WILL make our burdens light. I know God lives and that He loves us. The only way we can be happy is if we rely on Him and trust Him enough to LIVE THE GOSPEL! I know this gospel is the key to happiness and if we but live it we will be happy!! Try it out, I promise it works!!!! I know my Savior lives and loves each one of us. I know the power of the atonement. I know we can be cleansed through that power. It is never too late to repent, use the atonement and feel of the Saviors love. Its a beautiful thing!! 

I love you all you so much and hope and pray you will have an amazing week this week!! :) Keep your heads up high and know God is watching over you!!! :) 

All My Love, Hermana Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment