Friday, April 4, 2014

Week of IPADS!!

From Feb 17
Hey Everyone!!!!!

Wow! This week has been really awesome but at the same time a little
crazy. Some great news is that we all received iPads! And yes I am
doing my email on my iPad!!!! Super legit right? It's super fun and
really useful. Studies are super cool on my iPad and now I have every
talk ever given by general authorities. Also there is a translator on
here which is super handy, our area book and planner is on here,
pretty much everything is on here..... Well missionary work wise. It's
super awesome but it has been really stressful also. The program they
have on here for our planner is a little complicated but we will work
out the kinks eventually. And we have to plug in everything from our a
Area book which is taking forever but that's ok. It's going to be a
really helpful tool to use during lessons. We have already been able
to show videos/Mormon messages during lessons. It's just super
cool!!!! :) :) estamos muy feliz!!!!!

We went in exchanges this week with the YSA sisters, which they are
absolutely amazing missionaries! Sister Halversen and I went to their
area while Sister Nadauld took over the are for a day with one if the
YSA sisters. And the YSA serve in he whole stake and so they serve in
Bradenton which is pretty much my area and teach most of the people I
taught. So we went to Bradenton on exchanges. It was super weird but
at the same time it felt normal like I had never left. I saw Abi, who
is a recent convert, who I taught for a while. She isn't my convert
but after she got baptized we taught her for a little while. She is 18
and is an amazing member of the church. Super strong and is an
incredible example to her family. I love her so much! Next we saw a
couple less actives they had never met. Then we saw an investigator
named Fernie. We taught him when we were in Bradenton and now they are
going to try to teach him again. He seemed way more receptive and open
to talking then ever before. It was pretty cool and they set a return
appointment. I'm excited about him, he is super positive and has tons
of friends that are members. The. We saw the Santos family. There are
3 young men that were baptized almost a year ago in a few months. They
are super awesome and such good good men. It was really fun to see
them again. Then the best part of the night happened. My recent
convert, Pamela, that got baptized at the beginning of my mission will
be turning 18 in a couple weeks and will be going to the YSA branch.
So we went to see her. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It was so awesome and so so
so good to see her. She seemed more happy that day then I had seen her
before. It was so awesome. She has changed so much in the amount of
time I have known her, for the better of course. It literally just
made my night to be able to see her for myself and see how she really
is doing. Ah it was dang amazing!! The best exchange ever!!!!!    :)

One thing that I read in personal study this morning was absolutely
amazing. I was reading a talk by President Uchtdorf called "You Matter
to Him". Most times we do not realize the potential we have as sons
and daughters of God. Sometimes we think the universe is so huge and
you are right it's huge compared to us. But God made the universe
specifically for us. This is probably my favorite part in the whole
talk. It helps me realize the potential I have and that we all have.
"Brothers and sisters, the most powerful Being in the universe is the
Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with a perfect love.
God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives
for a brief season--He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being
you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you
matter to Him. May we ever believe, trust, and align our lives so that
we will understand our true eternal worth and potential. May we be
worthy of the precious blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for
us.."

Is love this gospel and am so grateful to be a missionary. May we help
others see their potential. Thank you all so much for you prayers and
kindness! You are all amazing! :) have an incredible week!!! :)


All My Love, Hermana Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment